Wednesday, December 24, 2008
By the way, Monica is back at home and feeling well, thanks for praying for her.
Kristine and I want to wish you all a Christmas full of the love of God, family, friends and great food! We love you all and we feel blessed that God has called us to share life with you. Have a great one!
Friday, December 19, 2008
I just feel that there is a hunger for God right now in our nation, and that God wants to fill that hunger through His church. The thing is though that we need to do our part in reaching out to these hungry people. As I have said before that it is going to take us stepping out of our comfort zone and actually telling people about Jesus and also inviting them to be a part of His church.
Please spend some time praying and fasting over this next couple of weeks, and ask God to give you wisdom about how to reach the people in your sphere of influence. Take a few minutes in the next few days and invite some people to the Christmas service on the 23rd, and also pray for the people that will be coming to that service, that they will experience the love of God.
There are a couple of things that I need to address about Sunday services:
- Please try to come on time, it makes it seem that church is unimportant if people can't even show up on time. Also it is quite distracting when people walk in late.
- I have had a few people complain to me that people are talking a lot while the speaking is going on , to the point that they are having a hard time listening to the message, so please be considerate of the people around you and save your conversation for the way home.
I really believe that God wants to do great things, but we need to do our best as well. I love this church and I am so thankful that we get to do life together!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
- Life has given us to very effective teachers, one is Wisdom and the other is Consequences.
- If we choose Wisdom we can learn how to avoid problems and thereby learn by other people's knowledge and experience.
- If we choose Consequences then the personal cost will be sky high and we will learn by our own experience and mistakes.
- Just as we have two teachers, we have two pains. They are the pain of Discipline and the pain of Regret.
- If we want to learn from some amazing Mentors then open the pages of the Bible and we can find people in all walks and situations of life, that are waiting to mentor you through the situation that you are in.
Don't forget to pray for the weekend service and ask God who you can bring with you. Have a great one