Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rest?

Hebrews 4:9-12

9 So then there remains a rest to the people of God.
10 For he who has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from His.
11 Therefore let us labor to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of unbelief.
12 For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I don't know about you but I have been trying to figure this one out for a long time, in fact this is what I wrote in my journal on July 30, 2002 "The Lord has been dealing with me a lot lately about entering His rest. Today is June 11, 2009 almost seven years later and I think the lights just came on. Alright so I am a little slow. Here is what i have learned.
  1. Rest is not something you plan, like I will relax and read a book, have a nap or take a vacation.
  2. Rest is not something you do, like try to get away from or shut out your busyness.
  3. Rest is not a discipline, like taking yourself to a different head space.
  4. Rest is a place of trust and reliance on and in God. It is a place where I truly "no longer am an owner" it is a Place where everything that I am, and do, and manage belong to God. That is why verse twelve is so important, because God's word can actually reveal the truth of where I am with that.

I now think I understand the truth about entering His rest, I pray that I will become that man, that would trust in God in that way. How about you, are you entering His rest? Let's try!

Remember this Sunday is going to be awesome! Craig Groeschel will be bring the message "God is ...Love" as we continue with One Prayer series. Don't come alone! Also please keep this weekend in prayer because there will be a ton of visitors, pray that they will come to Christ if they haven't yet. Have a great day all!

OnePrayer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment