Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vision

I was at the O.B.F.F. National conference this past week and I had the opportunity to hear Pastor Larry Stockstill speak on the subject of missions and he rocked my world. In fact I haven't been able to stop thinking about the message he gave all week and at many times I have been almost overcome with the heart of God for missions.

He started talking about vision and he told a story about a time when he went through a drive through and got a burger on his way to speak somewhere. He wrapped the bottom of the burger up carefully so he would not spill, but when he took his first bite he felt something fall out and land on his pants. When he looked down he saw that a pickle had fallen out all covered with mustard and it was laying on his pant leg making a stain. He quickly put down the sandwich, took the pickle off of his pants and proceeded to wipe off his pant leg with a napkin. As he finished he looked up and realized that he was in the wrong lane and in the path of a tractor trailer, so he swerved and was nearly crushed. He pulled over to the side of the road to push his heart back into his chest and when he did the Lord Spoke to him.

God said " what is outside the windshield is more important than the pickle on your pants". As he said that I had a serious God moment. I realized that over this past few years I have been so concerned about the pickle on my pants that I had not looked out the windshield. As a Pastor I have been so busy trying to keep things going inside the church and to solve and meditate on all the problems and people that I had lost sight of our mandate. So today as I write this I have committed to keep looking forward in faith to the mandate that God has given to Jubilee to Go into all the world both to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the uttermost parts of the earth.

As a church we at this time support many people on the ground in Canada, USA, India, Northern and Southern Africa, Italy, Israel, and Vietnam. That is great, but I think that God has so much more for us to do so let's pray and believe that we can plant churches, feed the hungry and continue with evangelism, and that by reaching out past our own towns that God will also help us to be fruitful here!

No comments:

Post a Comment