Sunday, November 16, 2008

Automatic doors and other random thoughts.

I guess that I am really asking God right now for wisdom. I realize the great desire that God has to reach out to share His love with those who don't yet know Him, and that He has called us to get involved with His mission on the earth. I have been losing a lot of sleep over this for a while and it, quite honestly, consumes me. I don't even want to pretend to have the answers on how to do this but I wake up each day, and ask God to help me reach someone that day.

I realize that we are not perfect as a church and that we don't always get it right, but this is my dream as a pastor, and each time I walk into a department store I am reminded of my dream. I dream of being a church that in nature would be like the automatic doors at a store. That we would be open to anyone, no matter how short or tall, how fat or slim, no matter what colour, no matter how many problems, no matter how rich or poor, and no matter what we think or don't think. I dream of being a church where "whosoever will may come". This is the dream that I have and I pray that it is your dream also. Let's try really hard to show the love of God to people as we come in contact with them.


John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment