Monday, November 3, 2008

Me or Jesus?

This has been an incredible year of growth for me, and I am so thankful to God for the things He has taught me. I guess the big question that I have had to come to grips with is the "Me or Jesus" question. I have let this question seep into every part of my life. Here are a few examples:
  1. When I am evaluating whether or not I can do something, I have to bring Jesus into the question in a few ways, such as, motive (Am I doing this with Kingdom purpose?) ability (Do I have the gift mix to accomplish this and with the power of the Holy Spirit do I have the horse power), and priority (is this part of God's call on my life).
  2. When I am raising my sons I have to ask if am I am trying to shape them into mini Me's or am I forming them into Christ's image?
  3. When I am walking out my marriage I have to ask am I just living for my pleasure or are we displaying God's glory through our relationship.
  4. and the list goes on........

How about you, how much do you allow Jesus to be a part of your everyday life? What changes do you need to make? Who do you need to invite to church on Sunday?(Sorry I had to throw that in ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment