Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life Principles (Part 1)

I think that it is so important that each of us have some clearly defined principles by which we live our life. Principles that are non-negotiable, and guide our lives to a great degree. I have a few that I live by and I will share them with you to give you an idea of what I mean.

The first principle I live by is "I am a steward, not an owner". I gave my heart and life to Jesus many years ago and have through the process of time submitted to Him as the Lord of my life. I have made Him the supreme ruler of my universe and I try to do what He says do, and go where He says go. This affects every part of my life, because this principle applies to my wealth, my health, my children, Kristine, and to everything else in my life.

I am a manager and I spend my life trying to use what God has given to me to advance His Kingdom, and bring honour to Him. At times I forget that I don't own the stuff, but because I have ingrained this principle into my mind and my heart I don't stray for long.

What about you, are you still an owner or have you given all to Jesus as your Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment