Monday, April 12, 2010

A few Quotes that I have collected.

These are a few of my favorite quotes and verses. I hope they challenge you as much as they challenge me.

Hope is not dreaming. It is not spinning an illusion or fantasy to protect us from our boredom or our pain....It is imagination put into the harness of faith. CS Lewis


If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care-- then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Philippians 2:1-4
(The Message Bible)

Never fear death, only fear a wasted life.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.


When I stand before God at the end of my life,I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me".
Unkown

Disturb us Lord When when we are to well pleased with ourselves.When our dreams come true Because we have dreamed to little When we arrived safely Because we sailed to closely to shore.
Sir Francis Drake in 1577


But I will never brag about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of his cross, the world is dead as far as I am concerned, and I am dead as far as the world is concerned. Galatians 6:14
Contemporary English Version



"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and lust and ambition when infinite joy is offered to us, like an ignorant child who wants to keep on making mud-pie in the slums because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a vacation at the beach." If I really wanted to be happy, I would seek God. Oh, but God is abstract! It takes effort to reach God. So I settle. I settle for weak amusements that require no effort. What a lazy fool I am!!" - CS Lewis


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30 Message Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment