Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Power of Love

Wow! What a day,tonight I saw over a hundred people walk down to the alter to Give their heart to Jesus. That will never get old and it is my dream to see that at Jubilee in the future. there is a lot of info to digest here so I guess for tonight I will give you this one thought and then I will hit the hay.

God has given us His love to share with the world around us. the same love that compelled Him to die for us is now living in us and should compel us to love others into God's Kingdom.

1Corinthians 13:1-8 What if I could speak all languages of humans and of angels? If I did not love others, I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. What if I could prophesy and understand all secrets and all knowledge? And what if I had faith that moved mountains? I would be nothing, unless I loved others. What if I gave away all that I owned and let myself be burned alive? I would gain nothing, unless I loved others. Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails! 

We could do all the things that we think are important in our church context, but if it is not birthed in love it will fail. Everything else will fail, BUT Love, the God kind of love, never fails. I believe that if we could see people the way Jesus sees them, and love them the way Jesus loves them, we could see our region come to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment