Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Building Relationships 3

2Ki 4:5 So she left him and closed the door behind her and her children. The children kept bringing containers to her, and she kept pouring.
2Ki 4:6 When the containers were full, she told her son, "Bring me another container." He told her, "There are no more containers." So the olive oil stopped flowing.


I think that God has given us the call as His people to pour His Spirit into empty vessels. He has called us to the poor and the weak and the spiritually lost and has called us to keep pouring out into their lives continually, as He continually is filling us with His Spirit. The problem is that many times we stop pouring, we stop looking for empty vessels to pour the oil of the presence and the love of God into and when we do the oil stops.

We sometimes find ourselves, as Christ followers, dried up and feeling desperate for God, and there is a good chance that, that is because we stopped pouring, we stopped giving, we stopped being generous. I don't know about you but I need the presence of God in my life, I need His love flowing through me, so I am looking forward to hunting down some empty vessels to pour His Spirit into Today.

It is all about "Building Relationships that Build the Kingdom of God"

No comments:

Post a Comment