Saturday, September 13, 2008

How Intense are you?

I have been going through this time of awakening in my life like I have never experienced before, and I am so thankful to God for it. We just finished Youth Camp last week and we are working really hard to prepare for the Community Yard sale next week, so the intensity level is pretty high for me right now. I know this may sound strange, but this is what God has been teaching me through it. If my intensity goes up to finish a project or prepare for an event I can accomplish a lot in a short period of time. So if I would put the same intensity into reaching out to people what could happen? This is what Jeremiah had to say:

Jeremiah 20:9 Sometimes I tell myself not to think about you, LORD, or even mention your name. But your message burns in my heart and bones, and I cannot keep silent.

Here is what I think it takes to turn up the intensity till it becomes like a fire in your belly, or your bones.
  1. We need to have a vibrant and connected relationship with the person Jesus (This comes through time spent with Him)
  2. We must care about the things that He cares about, and the people that He died to save.
  3. We must realize that Jesus doesn't really want you to be safe, He wants you to be dangerous.
  4. We must deal with your selfishness with extreme prejudice.
  5. We must live for Him like it is all that matters, because it is.

I really believe that God is calling us to a new level of intensity so that it will become hard to get to hell from this region. this is our responsibility and it is what we will have to give an account for.

Nathan I love this verse
Hebrews 9:12 Then Christ went once for all into the most holy place and freed us from sin forever.

Jesus died and once and for all time He freed us!

I believe that Jeremiah is now at his destination so remember to pray for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment