Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Night Reflections

Great night tonight! I just want to say thanks to our teens, they are really inviting a lot of people out to youth on Thursday's. Steve did a great job teaching tonight and made a really great point about carrying our Christian lives forward. He used the analogy of a football player carrying the ball forward toward the goal line and using the five yard markers as goals or steps along the way. Here are a few of my takeaways from his talk.
  • The best defense is a great offense. We should always be moving our Christian lives forward, never live defensively.
  • Christian life is a series of next steps and it is important to keep making the next step.
  • Have your heart set on the goal but take it one step at a time.
  • Living for God will give you a few bumps along the way but keep pushing on toward the goal. This is how Paul said it:


Philipians 3:13-15 Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward--to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision--you'll see it yet!

Twenty five there tonight and we had four visitors. God was glorified and we had fun so great night. Good job Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment