Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Knowing Christ!

I have been a Christian for a long time, and have served Him in the local church for more than thirty years. I have been through great times and I have been through horrible times. There have been times when I have felt very close to God, and times when I have felt very disconnected from Him. Through all of this I have learned one very important fact, being a Christian is about having a living and vibrant relationship with Christ. This is what the Bible says:

Ephesians 3:16-19 I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit--not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength- that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all Christians the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

If you have been trying to act like a Christian and be a Christian, but you have not really built a relationship with Christ, then you are missing out on God's best for you! When we were children we used to sing "Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so" and that was very good. The truth is though God doesn't just want us to sing about it, He wants us to experience it!

I want to challenge you today to turn away from a dead religious ritual and gaze upon the face of God through relationship with our loving Saviour Jesus! He is waiting for you to connect with Him so you can experience a full life in the fullness of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment