Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fathers

I have been thinking a lot about the love of God the Father toward me this week. What an amazing Father we have, and how amazing He is! Any way as I was putting my boys to bed last night it really hit me. As I was praying for them before they went down to sleep in their blanket fortress (our basement looks like a dessert tribe has set up their tent village down there) it hit me how much I love them, and how much was in my heart for their future. At the same time the responsibility that God had given me to take care of them weighed heavily on me. it was one of those intense moments where you just know that God is speaking to you.

As I was processing that moment after the boys went to their tent village, here is what I believe that God showed me
  1. Always remember that they belong to God, and that it is my responsibility to lead them to Christ through my relationship with them as their father.
  2. Pray every day that they will have a relationship with God that is meaningful and relevant. Never take for granted that they will automatically serve God just because they are my boys.
  3. Live a life with God that is passionate and meaningful in front of them so that they can see a working example of relationship with God.
  4. Be understanding and caring toward them.

I am so looking forward to this weekend and I am so excited to see what God will do. Last week two people decided to follow Christ in the morning service, and I just know that this is just the beginning of what God wants to do at Jubilee!

I would really appreciate if you would all start to pray for the service on Sunday, also start thinking about who you can invite and also really come on time and with an expectant heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment