Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Night

Had a great day wrestling with my lawn tractor today (and right after I wrote about storms), I was cutting my lawn this morning and the thing just died, I have no idea why but boy I was bugged. Then I remembered what I had written in my last post, about finding flaws in our character through storms.Well that got my mind working a bit and I realized that I have a little issue with patience in my life. I want it done and I want it done yesterday. So, I guess that it is back to the classroom for me.

Any way before I was so rudely interrupted by my tractor problems I was thinking about this weekend and just wanted to drop you a note to remind you that God has good plans for the service on Sunday and He wants you to get involved. Last Sunday was awesome and I was blown away by the goodness of God! thirteen first time visitors and two people decided to commit their lives to Christ (It's time to paarrttyyyy! I know heaven is!) I believe though that God wants to call people to Himself everyday, so here are a few things we can all do to prepare for Sunday.
  1. We need to pray that God would have His way in peoples hearts and lives this weekend.
  2. We need to ask God who we should invite to come along with us to church, and once He tells us then we should make a point of inviting them.
  3. We need to come with expectant hearts, and believe that God will do great things and that people would give their hearts to Him!

I am so thankful that I get to do life with some of the greatest people in the world, and I believe that together we can make the name of Jesus famous in this world! don't forget about the baptismal service and church picnic on the beach Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment