Thursday, July 24, 2008

Storms

Wow what a day I had! I just finished Sunday's message (it is 1:17 am) and that took a lot more time then I thought it would! I spent the good part of my day (Again) in the basement, at the church, because these nasty rain storms have revealed a serious flaw in our basement wall. Whenever that driving rain shows up this week, we have a bit of water to clean up, in the basement. As I was vacuuming up the water I was praying, and God taught me a little something about storms.
  1. Storms reveal the weak places in the structure of a building, just as life's storms show us the weaknesses in our character.
  2. When a storm hits, we have to make one of two choices. Are we going to whine and complain that nothing good ever happens to me, or are we going to use the 411 that we discover, from the storm, to do a bit of reno, and repair on our character.
  3. Storms aren't biased, the rain falls on the evil, and on the just. So don't think that just because you are in a storm, that God is mad at you, instead take the time as a learning, and growing experience, so that you can become stronger.
  4. Storms don't last forever.

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment