Monday, July 21, 2008

New Week!

It is great to be home! A couple years ago we did "Building a House to Belong to" as our theme for the year and for Father's Day we gave out baseball caps with that phrase printed on. Well today as I was sitting, thinking and asking God about how we can reach out in our world, He reminded me about that theme. When we were away last week on holidays it really occurred to me how important Jubilee is to me and my family, and how important the relationships that we have here our. I also believe that God wants other people to find a home and strong realationships here also. He wants to do that through us and he wants to do it one person at a time. So many times we are looking for the big event, but the truth is that it is through relationships that God touches lives. This is what the Bible says:

Psalm 68:6 He gives the lonely a home to live in.

If we are really going to "Build a house to belong to" I think there are a few things that we need to do:

  1. We have to love Jesus with all our hearts
  2. We need to understand how much He loves the people of this world, and care for them in the same way.
  3. We need to take practical steps to make Jubilee a home for the lonely, such as talk to people that come to the building, and by inviting people into our homes and our lives.

I believe that with God's help we can become a place that people can feel like they have found home, but the only way we can do that is if we all commit to changing our community , one person at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment