Friday, July 4, 2008

What's Happening?

How's your week going? Are you still giving it full throttle for God or are you letting things slip? One of the things that I have found really helps me stay focused is when I ask myself hard questions. As Kevin Gerald, the Pastor of Champion Centre in Seattle says, there is only one degree of difference between water that is useful for a nice cup of tea and water that can power a locomotive across the country. So what would it take for me to bring the temperature up in my relationship with God? What baggage do I need to leave behind? What does He want that I have been unwilling to give?

When I am feeling really brave I ask God the same question that King David did in the Psalms.

Psalm 139:23,24 Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about; See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong-- then guide me on the road to eternal life. Message Bible

So what are you waiting for ? Ask God to be as much a part of your Friday as he is your Sundays. Remember to pray for the weekend service and bring someone with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment