Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Holy Spirit Empowerment!

I was reading in Acts this morning and sort of had a couple of verses just light up for me. I guess that I have probably read Acts hundreds of times, especially the first few chapters but I have never seen it this way before. This was right after the Holy Spirit baptised the Church and they hit the streets.

Acts 2:9-11 Parthians, Medes, and Elamites; Visitors from Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene; Immigrants from Rome, both Jews and proselytes; Even Cretans and Arabs! "They're speaking our languages, describing God's mighty works!"

It seems that the Holy Spirit empowered the church to speak to people within their culture and context, so that they could understand the goodness of God and His mighty works! I know that He has given us that same empowerment for our culture, to communicate in a language that they can understand, the goodness of God and His great love for them. My prayer is that we will not let this gift go to waste but that through the boldness that the Holy Spirit gives we will tell the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment