Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Night Reflections

What a great night! Levi started youth tonight (I am now officially old) so I am really excited about that! I am praying that God will really touch him and that he will encounter God as a young man, and that from that encounter he would become a die hard Christ follower. Here are a few of my thoughts on the night.
  1. We have two great couples giving their lives and time investing in the next generation and I want to thank them publicly Thank you Steve, Sarah, Steve and Melinda. You are my heroes!
  2. God is working in our young people and they are responding with a big YES! I am really excited about what I see God doing in their hearts and I think that they could possibly be some of the greatest kids I know.
  3. I still can't get calmed down about that whole nine out of ten people not knowing God and I am committed to raising up a church that will change those stats for our region, a church that really does care about the things God cares about.
  4. I think that we are having an AHA moment as a church.
  5. I am so excited to be leading our young people right now, I just love being around young, passionate people who don't understand the words "It can't be done"

I would really appreciate your prayers as we head into our youth camp in three weeks. I am asking the Lord to really touch the heart of our kids. I am also praying that they will understand how significant they are in God's plan to reach the world. So please pray for them and also for Kathryn Fleming as she prepares to speak. Dream big dreams and pray prayers that are so big only God can answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment