Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday Night Reflections

Just had dinner with the Flemings, the Geralds, and the Scanlons. I feel like it was the best Christmas ever and it is only August. I am so amazed at the blessing of God in my life and I just feel that His hand is upon us as a church. The people that He has brought into my life are just amazing. We got to Hang out with Steve and Beth all day (They are such a God send to Kristine and I) then tonight I was sitting beside Paul Scanlon at dinner and right across from Kevin Gerald. I think I am going to faint. Any way here are some of my thoughts for today.
  1. God is really in love with People and we should be to.
  2. The question is not, can God love people who sin? It is, can we love them?
  3. The church should exist for those who are not yet reached.
  4. Including all people in our circle of love as a church will mess with our routine
  5. Our routine needs to be messed with.
  6. God is really in love with people and we should be to.
  7. And last but not least, God is in love with people and we should be to. (did I say that already?)

Here are some questions I am asking myself.

  1. How do we become a church that is inclusive for all?
  2. How serious are we, really about reaching the unchurched?
  3. What price am I willing to pay to see God's dreams fulfilled?
  4. Who else is there that is willing to pay the price with us?
  5. God do you still make dreams come true?

I am so excited about what God is doing in my heart and life right now and I just know that as a church we are standing at the edge of something great. Please pray that Kristine and I will learn what we need to learn to go to the next level in our life and leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment